Exceptional Services Provided
Association management is a specialized field that provides more than just an administrative function for its clients; our managers have been specially trained by industry leaders so that they are equipped to guide and advise their clients in fulfilling the obligations tasked under the governing documents. In addition, we maintain specialized software that assists us in maximizing the efficiencies and accuracy of our services.
In addition to their positive reputation, their significant experience and focus on managing homeowners associations, Keith Collins Company is dedicated to providing all the management services needed while helping the client reduce other costs, minimize potential liabilities through active risk management, and providing guidance based on experience and professional training.
The following services are typical for a homeowners association managed by Keith S. Collins Company, LLC and can be customized for the particular community.
- Assist in preparing an operating budget for each accounting fiscal year.
- Maintain an operating bank account in the name of the Association for depositing Association fees and other receipts, and for expense disbursements.
- Maintain savings accounts and/or certificates of deposit for reserve funds as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Review, approve and pay invoices for common area expenses from the operating bank account. Any nonrecurring expenditure in excess of the approved threshold shall be submitted to the Board or a designated officer for approval.
- Provide monthly accounting reports to the Board of Directors including a Cash Analysis, Income Statement, Comparative Balance Sheet, Budget Comparison Report with results for the current month and year-to-date including variances, Check Register, and Delinquency/Aging Report listing homeowner balances.
- Send delinquent notices for Association dues to members when required.
- Reconcile all bank statements monthly.
- Coordinate the annual audit engagement and preparation of tax returns.
- Prepare the appropriate State Annual Corporation Report for submission and payment to the Secretary of State on an annual basis.
- Assist in establishing the Homeowner Association fee required to fund operations.
- Assist in establishing a budget for replacement reserve items such as driveways, landscaping, lighting, etc.
- Assist in establishing the requirement relating to any special assessments.
- Assist in the preparation of insurance specifications for the Associationís property and liability coverage for purposes of securing insurance coverage proposals.
- Provide access to the books and records including receipts and invoices for review by any Board member, officer or Association member upon reasonable request.
- Attend the annual meeting to discuss financial results for the year, and/or other issues.
- Conduct periodic physical inspections of common area property noting any deficiencies, deferred maintenance, or other issues that need to be addressed by the Association.
- Prepare requisite 1099ís at year-end.
- Coordinate filing of civil warrants and liens with counsel approved by the Board of Directors if necessary to pursue delinquent Association dues or special assessments.
- Solicit and negotiate bids for necessary repairs to groundskeeping, lighting, and other common area repairs for the Board to review. Monitor the work of all service contractors including procuring certificates of insurance from all contractors used. Arrange for work scheduling including commencement and completion times of all work to be performed.
- Prepare and mail dues statements to each Association member prior to the first of each billing period.
- Respond to reasonable and appropriate member requests and complaints regarding common area maintenance issues, safety hazards, environmental issues, etc.
- Monitor compliance of membersí actions with required covenants as outlined in the Associationís Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions and By-Laws. Assist the Association in enforcing all rules and regulations set forth in the Covenants and other related documents.
- Monitor and enforce architectural compliance provisions as outlined in the covenants and restrictions. Act as the liaison between homeowners and committee members of the Architectural Review Committee, including handling the administration of review requests submitted by homeowners.
- Distribute newsletters prepared by the Board of Directors.